I am looking for a solution on how to repair or fix over sized PST file. I tried to resolve this problem with the help of SCANPST.EXE but it was unable to fix the problem. So any other advice on how to resolve this issue? (I am using Outlook 2007).
It is a hard core fact that, size of PST file is one of those prime factors which leads to its corruption. Once file get corrupt, an error message indicates PST file has been corrupted. Because of large storage of emails and other items, the PST file gets oversized. In Outlook 2007 and its previous versions, whenever the file crosses data limit, the file get damaged. Due to corruption you will be unable to access data from it.
How to avoid this issue with PST?
- You must be knowing your PST file size
- Must delete unnecessary emails
- Archive emails based on different criteria
- Create backup of PST file and remove unwanted files
These are few of the precautions to avoid PST file corruption, which may occur due to oversized PST file. However, it is necessary to understand that, there are instances where the file get severely corrupted. In such situations it is recommended to use a prominent Outlook PST Repair utility for extracting entire data from it.
To repair Outlook 2007 PST size maximum make use of well-known Yodot PST Repair application. This software is built specially to fix Outlook PST errors and bring back its attributes safely. It is read-only tool, as it repairs and extracts contents from damaged PST file to create a totally new PST. With this technique the originality of broken PST file remains safe. Along with Outlook 2007, it supports repair and recovery of PST file from Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2010 and 2013 versions. Recovery of damaged PST does not mean only email, but it also includes notes, attachments, tasks, contacts, RSS feeds, email folders, personal folders and all other PST attributes. The users who is having Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 operating systems can make use of this tool.
Instructions to use the software:
- Terminate Outlook application before running the tool
- Visit here to download Yodot Outlook Repair program
- Install the application
- Launch the utility and follow on screen directions
- Select “Open PST File” if you know exact position of the file
- If the corrupted file location is unknown then locate “Find PST File”
- In case of multiple PST profiles, pic “Select Outlook Profiles” to open particular Outlook PST file
- Browse destination location to save regained file
- For minor errors select “Normal Scan” and for sever corruption choose “Smart Scan”
- Press Repair button to start scanning process