“Couple of days back, my Windows 7 partition is not being recognized by the operating system. When I double click on partition icon, instead of opening, it is displaying an error which states “Drive X:\ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted”. Later, when I checked partition’s properties, it displayed
Used space: 0 byte
Free Space: 0 byte
File system: RAW
I have stored many crucial data in that partition, which I can’t afford to lose. So, if anybody knows a proper solution of recovering RAW partition on Windows 7, recommend me please.”
Generally, when partition becomes RAW, system pops up the following errors:
• File system is displayed as “RAW”
• Windows may ask if you want to format the drive, such as a warning reads, “The disk in drive (X) is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”
• “Sector not found” messages
• Invalid media type reading drive. Abort, Retry, Fail?
All of the above-mentioned errors are displaying when users come across following issues:
• If any unusual interruptions like sudden system shut down while formatting hard drive, will make it RAW
• Sometimes abruptly executing certain unwanted operation on partition can make it RAW forever
• While converting file system of logical drive if any interruptions occurs, there are very high chances for that drive becoming RAW
• Improper OS installation is another reason of making the partition RAW
• Severe malware infections on Windows hard disk can make your drive RAW
If you are facing any of the above-mentioned situations, don’t panic. Nowadays many online recovery solutions are available and one of such is ‘Hard drive Recovery’ Software. With its user-friendly interface, anybody can regain data from RAW partition with utmost ease.
RAW Partition Recovery Utility:
Hard Drive Recovery is one of prominent tool used for restoring data from RAW partition on Windows 7 OS. Along with RAW Partition, it is capable of recovering data from other external storage devices including memory cards, Memory Stick, SSD drive, USB flash drive and many others. It has capability to regain data from a partition formatted with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS5, NTFS and Ex-FAT file systems. This utility has capability of rescuing data from all types of hard drives interfaces such as SATA, ATA, PATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, etc. Its innovative algorithm facilitates fast recovery of more than 300 file types in very short span of time. Apart from Windows 7, it also supports recovery on various versions of Windows OS like Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8 Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
Steps to get back data from raw partition:
At first, download ‘Hard Drive Recovery’ tool on your Windows 7 system and install it -> launch it and follow every instructions displayed on main screen -> Select “Partition Recovery” option from home screen of application -> choose the RAW partition from listed drives and click on “Next” option-> next, it will ask to mark file systems of required data which you want to rescue from RAW drive -> After this, scanning will get start and at the end of process, it will display all the presented data with two viewing options named as “File Type View” and “Data View” -> Finally, click on “Save” option to save all retrieved data on your system.